Monday, June 25, 2007

I was tagged and now I have no one to tag - how sad!

I've been tagged by my ever loving sister, she is so thoughtful always passing onto me the best things in life
First:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.

2. Each participant posts eight random facts about themselves.

3. Tagees should write a blogpost of eight random facts about themselves.
4. At the end of the post, eight more bloggers are tagged (named and shamed).
5. Go to their blog, leave a comment telling them they're tagged (cut and run).



1. I am 4ft 11 and half inches tall. Of course I then equate this to 5ft cause who the heck would admit to being under 5ft. However I love being small. Always enjoyed it and it was to my great advantage when I was young and discovered gymnastics. I was pretty good at it too




2. My mother remarried when I was 11 or 12 (never too good on the years :) and I craved a father as my own had died when I was five. When we moved towns in my 12th year I wanted to be known with my step-fathers surname. So he adopted me. This was never an issue until I divorced in my 36th year and didn’t want to go to his surname as he had died when I was 18 and the last few years were not good ones. Unfortunately he had a stroke and it changed his whole personality it was all very sad really. So to be able to use my birth name I had to change my surname by deed pole. Talk about and interesting circle to go to a name that is rightfully mine


3. I married young and learned to regret it. Isn’t that awfully sad. There are many people who say but I wouldn’t change a thing….well apart from my extremely adorable daughter who drives me mad….I would change everything. The things I should have done, the advise I should have taken, no I would not live the same life over from the age of 19 but do it all so very differently. Travel for one….I would have gone to the States and Canada like I had started to dream about. I would have qualified as a librarian……today I could be a knowledge manager :)


4. I have fallen in love with the art of photography. I just can’t spend enough time on it. I would love to do this so it would pay my way in life but fear that only through a win at lotto would I be able to fulfill this dream.



5. My nick name as a child was Jilly Bean….I am pretty sure my father gave me this name but I have no idea why. I miss not having the memories of my older siblings and each time I talk to them or read a diary entry I learn something new yet again. I do care about the things of the past but don’t always go out of my way to find out about them

6. We were just talking about this tonight but I first got familiar with the internet and a home computer 15years ago. Over years as the world wide web grew I grew along with it. I met my sweet adorable djd on the net at a time when it was an unheard of thing and certainly a thing if you told somebody they were incredibly shocked and curious as to how and why. Now it such a common thing people don’t bat an eyelid




7. I’ve often thought I should be lesbian…ok so I said this one to shock my sister…did it work?

8. I have found it incredibly difficult to come up with 8 random facts and I don’t have 8 people to tag that have not already been tagged so a blog written for….well self esteem surely!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello fren,

I like your blog and content style too. I am very interested in blog and website. so that i have newly started online shoping with home decor and gift item ( totally handmade )from Nepal( kathmandu). Please check my site and comment me very seriously.

www.glighthandicrafts.com

I am waiting your positive comment as soon as possible.

Thanking you,
sarita,
we will meet in next comment . Do not forget me and my online site...............

carole said...

I was tagged by your sister too and could not find eight people. A couple of the ones I did find had already been tagged. Eight is a big number for people and facts. You did well!

Kay Cooke said...

Well!!! You certainly rose to the occasion lil sis! (I am not shocked at all - so there!!!) Just impressed at how honest you've been. You've been brutally honest and it makes for great and informative reading - talk about peeling away the layers - woo hoo!!! You go sis!
You've written down things I never knew. I think Dad named you Jilly Bean simply because it sounds like 'jellybean'. And what a sweet wee jillybean you are too.

savaged2 said...

Hey Girl
I have missed chatting with you
we are all doing fine in Canada
Tahmara is now 16
Christopher is 12
Jet is 10
Tiawna is 8
send me a note
deethor@telus.net
miss ya pepsi

david santos said...

I come to be thankful to you for the work that you have developed in yours blogue and to desire good vacations to you.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Hello Mcdinzie, Dinzie stopped by my blog a couple of days ago. I just love all your photos I am a Kiwi, now living in USA am also 4'11" and love to take photos with my new digital camera. I have two blogs http://Keeweescorner.blogspot.com and http://Keeweesgarden.blogspot.com
Stop by sometime and check out my sites There is also an email address on the sidebar if you wish to drop me a line sometime.
Jennifer

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

McD, I am a friend of Kay's--have not visited you before, but, here I am! I love your photography! There's a website called Lulu.com that will publish a book (or several--as many as you want) of your photographs, and comments, whatever. No cost to you except for the books themselves. They do a lot of photography books. Then you have the option of getting an ISBN and they will market them online through Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. You can, of course, put them in local bookstores on consignment. It's fun. And you have something to show for your efforts! Check it out!

I like your blog, too.